Grand Rapids, Michigan
866-959-4378 (Toll Free)
Paul was born in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1945. He is married to Judy and has three adult children, Ian, Ryan and Wendy. He has three grandchildren, Magnolia, Oliver and Chaya
Paul is a member of St. Alphonsus Catholic Church and is actively involved in church activities.
Paul graduated from Alma College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1967. He was a member of Omicron Delta Kappa Leadership Fraternity.
Paul attended William & Mary Law School and graduated in 1970. He was a distinguished member of the National Moot Court Team and a member of Phi Alpha Delta.
Upon graduation, Paul served as a Law Specialist in the United States Coast Guard from 1970 to 1973, serving in the 12th Coast Guard District, San Francisco, California, as a Lieutenant.
Paul is a member of the Virginia Bar Association (1970); California Bar Association (1973); and Michigan Bar Association (1973). In addition, he is a member of the Federal District and Federal Appellate Courts. Paul is a member of the Michigan Bar Foundation.
Paul has been active in Grand Rapids Bar Association activities for many years. He has served as Trustee and Secretary.
Paul has served as past President and Vice President of West Michigan Legal Aid and has been a member of the Board of Directors for approximately 10 years and is an active participant in the Pro Bono Program. He is a recipient of the Michael Barnes Award.
Paul is a member of the American Association for Justice, Michigan Trial Lawyers Association, Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Michigan, and the Grand Rapids Bar Association.
Prior to Jensen, De Haan & Symko, P.C., he was a former shareholder in Hillman, Baxter & Hammond, Farr & Oosterhouse, and Jensen & Stuart. He has over 30 years' experience in civil litigation and serves as President of Jensen, De Haan & Symko, P.C.
Paul practices exclusively in the area of social security disability. Paul has successfully represented clients in hundreds of social security disability appeals.
Paul is a member of the National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives [NOSSCR]. He is particularly interested in helping the disabled.
- VA Accredited Attorney
- William and Mary Law School, Williamsburg, Virginia,
Honors: Distinguished Member, National Moot Court Team
Honors: Member, Phi Alpha Delta
- Alma College,
Bachelor of Arts
Honors: Member, Omicron Delta Kappa
- Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Western Michigan Legal Aid
- Past President and Vice President
- Western Michigan Legal Aid
- Participant and Former Member, Board of Directors
- Michigan Bar Foundation
- National Organization of Social Security Claimants' Representatives [NOSSCR]
- American Association for Justice
- Michigan Trial Lawyers Association
- Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Michigan
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- Past Trustee & Past Secretary
- Virginia Bar Association, 1970
- California Bar Association, 1973
- Federal District and Federal Appellate Courts
- American Legion
- Past Employment Positions:
- United States Coast Guard, Law Specialist, 1970 - 1973
- Twelfth District Coast Guard, San Francisco, California, Lieutenant
- Hillman, Baxter & Hammond, Farr & Oosterhouse, Shareholder
- Jensen & Stuart, Shareholder