Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C.
Verdicts and Settlement We've Obtained for Our Clients
Many attorneys who do personal injury work have never handled a million dollar case. The attorneys at Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. have settled cases for a million dollars for their clients. However, million dollar cases are rare. The attorneys at Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. handle many cases where the injuries aren’t as severe or the damages as high. Nonetheless, they treat every case as if it were a million dollar case. They work hard for every one of their clients to ensure that they obtain the best possible result. The attorneys at Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. are known for taking on the tough cases.
- Rob fractured his right leg and jaw in a motorcycle crash in Clinton County. The car driver made an illegal u-turn in front of Rob’s motorcycle. The car driver’s insurance company claimed that Rob was at fault and refused to offer any money for settlement. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. tried the case with Rob in Clinton County. The jury awarded Rob $225,000.
- Darlene fractured her left leg in a motorcycle accident in Kent County. The car driver made a left-hand turn directly in front of Darlene’s approaching motorcycle. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. convinced the other driver’s insurance company to pay all of Darlene’s medical bills and wage loss. We then obtained a $550,000 settlement for Darlene for pain and suffering damages.
- Jane’s dentist injured her temporal mandibular joint when he used excessive force to remove a tooth. The dentist’s insurance company claimed that the dentist was not at fault and refused to offer any money for settlement. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. tried the case in Kent County. The jury awarded Jane $90,000.
- Francine hurt her back in car crash caused by an uninsured driver. Francine’s insurance company offered her $5,000 to settle the case. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. tried the case in Kent County. The jury awarded Francine $80,000 – 16 times more than what her insurance company had offered before trial.
- Aaron fractured his leg and sustained a brain injury when a car pulled into the path of his motorcycle in Montcalm County. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. convinced the other driver’s insurance company to pay all of Aaron’s medical bills and wage loss. We then obtained a settlement for Aaron for pain and suffering damages in the amount of $490,000.
- Seth was unable to work and provide for his family because of a major illness. He went to several law firms for representation on a Social Security Disability claim. No law firm was willing to represent Seth. Eventually he met with the Social Security attorneys at Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. We obtained a fully favorable award for Seth. We helped Seth and his family get through difficult financial times.
- Erin was bitten by her neighbor’s dog in Muskegon County. The dog owner’s insurance company in this dog bite case offered to settle the claim for just $7,500. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. worked with Erin and her doctors to fully document her injuries. We obtained a $50,000 settlement for Erin.
- John was burned in a propane gas explosion in Barry County. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. filed a lawsuit against the propane tank company and the landlord. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. obtained a settlement for John in the amount of $975,000.
- Nancy was injured due to birth trauma caused by the malpractice of her doctors in Ottawa County. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. brought a lawsuit against the doctor for malpractice. We negotiated as structured settlement that paid out over $9,000,000 over Nancy’s lifetime.
- Peter was severely injured in an industrial accident in Muskegon County. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. first obtained workers’ compensation benefits and Social Security Disability benefits for Peter. We then settled a case against the negligent party who caused the accident for over $1,000,000.
- Ben was injured as a result of his teacher’s negligence in Allegan County. Several law firms refused to help Ben because those firms believed that the chance of any type of recovery was slim. Jensen, DeHaan & Symko, P.C. agreed to represent Ben. We tried the case and the jury returned a significant verdict in Ben’s favor.
- Chauncey fractured his right wrist when a car turned in front of his motorcycle. The car driver's insurance company was only willing to pay $50,000 to settle the case. Stephen DeHaan tried the case with Chauncey in Van Buren County. The jury awarded Chauncey $200,000 — four times more than the insurance company had offered before trial.
- Stephen DeHaan obtained three years of wage loss benefits for Lisa even though she was unemployed when she was injured by a drunk driver. Lisa sent Mr. DeHaan a thank you note writing, "My family and I would like to thank you for doing your job so well. We are out of debt and ready to make some investments."
- Mary obtained a brain injury when a car pulled out in front of her. Stephen DeHaan settled Mary's case for the $100,000 policy limits. Mary's family attorney who referred her to Stephen DeHaan wrote, "Our experiences with your firm have demonstrated excellent skill level and justify your fine reputation."
These are just a few examples of hundreds of recoveries our firm has obtained for our clients. Past results are never a guarantee of future recoveries.